Walla Walla Fields

Walla Walla Fields. 9" x 12". Oil on Linen Panel.

I finished 4 paintings today which is great as I had 16 I've been working on including 2 large ones. The studio logistics were growing more challenging. Every shelf and every nail has a painting drying on it.

This is a simple one: spring fields in eastern Washington. My eye is always, always caught by these simple arrangements of fields, furrows, trees and mountains. To me they're breathtaking but at the same time I find them exceptionally hard to paint. I so badly want to convey the beauty that I see. Organizing those elements and using light so they convey the sense of visual excitement that I see in my mind's eye is my current challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system