#2

Palouse Hills 2. Oil on Linen Panel. 12 x 16.

In April I delivered one of my all-time favorite eastern Washington landscapes to the show at Syzygy Wines in Walla Walla. That's Palouse Hills and you can see it on my website here. Right away I started a smaller version of it.

There are 3 reasons why I tackled this again:
1. I missed it
2. I wanted to move deeper into my experiments with glazing/indirect painting/yellow fields and this was a good image to work with, and
3. I was curious how it would turn out if I painted it this year. I painted Palouse Hills 1 in the spring of 2009 and since then I've painted perhaps 140 paintings and learned a great many things.

So my question is: are the paintings appreciably different?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system