Horse Heaven Fog

Horse Heaven Fog. 12" x 16". Oil on Linen Panel. SOLD.

This is the landscape of my heart: the eroded scabland of eastern Washington. It's not just that all my great grandparents settled the area, it's not just that I've been seeing this all my life, but rather, I have a deep passion for the enduring but subtle beauty of the eroded hills, the scabland, the shrub-steppe, the wheat fields, the sweeping skies, the great rivers.

There was a time when it seemed stark and dull to me but that time is long past. Now it takes my breath away.

I'm completely challenged by my desire to take these brown hills and show others the deep beauty. Over the next few months you'll see painting after painting of this land as I continue to push hard to capture what I see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system