Meet the neighbors: the Chickadees


Last winter I cleaned out the basement and found an old bird house that had been stored away for several years. So I hung it on a low branch of the paperbark maple just outside my studio door.

Today I noticed a pair of chickadees flying in and out with grasses and sticks so it looks like there will be some nesting action. They don't seem bothered that I'm nearby.

I've always valued these little birds. I have an organic ornamental garden with extensive roses: shrubs, climbers, china, hybrid musks, polyanthas, the works. These little brown guys seem to eat the aphids. Plus, they managed to always escape our blood-thirsty cat Chester. Brilliant little things and I'm excited they're using the bird house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system