Canoe 2 painting in progress

Canoe 2 - in progress and on the easel on the left and a closeup of the texture on the right.

I've been back out at Lake Padden in the afternoon and towards dusk lately to capture the irregular and somewhat obscure pattern of alders in winter.

The texture is notable to me because it's linen, hand primed with an oil ground. As  much as I disliked using an oil ground, I love painting on it so it's a surface that's here to stay. Because I primed it, the surface is a bit like a smooth plaster: slightly irregular but polished and lovely.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I first time visit in this blog. I find this blog have relevant information.

regards.
http://www.collect-art.com/Paul-Kenton_work

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system