What do you think: should I have better titles?

Samish Dawn 3. Oil on Canvas. 18" x 28".

Isn't this lovely? It makes me happy to look at this one. Early dawn spreading over Lake Samish. Full of hope and promise.

I sent this one out in my weekly email last Thursday and a dear friend pointed out that with Samish Dawn 1, 2 and now 3, perhaps I could come up with more creative titles!

Point taken! I'd love to hear from you: what are your thoughts on titles? Do titles help engage the viewer or do they intrude into your interpretation?

Comments

For me it's a mixed bag. Sometimes the work is all that matters and, sometimes, the piece has been inspired by an idea for a title. In my world, It doesn't seem to fit a pattern. I say, whatever works for you. After all, it's your work. ...and fine work, it is!
Casey Klahn said…
I always seem to get a strong sense of place from your titles. But, if you think they need improvement, there must be room for that, too. Enjoying these oils, Lisa.

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system