Underpainting of Alder Grove, Cherry Point

Underpainting of Alder Grove, Cherry Point. Oil on Canvas. 11 x 14.

This month I'm taking a fantastic class on Tonalism from Deborah Paris. It's an online class and at first I wasn't sure how it would work. It works great so far. We get assignments, post them on a blog, and get thoughtful, informed and helpful feedback.

At the same time I'm spending hours preparing sketches for my underpaintings then reading and staring at books of George Inness, the Luminists and Stephen Hannock.

So far I'm happy with this one. I can't wait to share the finished painting. But with indirect painting, it may be awhile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system