Gold Beets

Gold Beets. Oil on Canvas Board. 8 x 10.

Not everyone loves beets but I do. Gold are my favorite. Not just for the color but the sugar that carmelizes when they're sliced thin and sauteed.

January is the month of beginnings. January is also National Oatmeal and Hot Tea month according to Time Magazine. My son and I are way into oatmeal and hot tea this month! But back to beginnings: Ruthie V and I began a daily painting challenge on January 1st, focused on painting local. Turns out, it's an extra challenge to find local things to paint in January! Who knew? Well, we did. Really. But wine, beets, her cat, trees and rose hips, we're finding wonderful things to paint here in Whatcom County.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system