Happy New Year, 2010! Welcome to my Daily Painting Challenge.

Phil's Sweet Potato Pie. Oil on Gessobord. 5" x 7".

Happy New Year 2010! This is the first of my daily paintings for 2010 and Part 1 of a fun challenge with artist Ruthie V. We've challenged each other to a Local Painting a Day for 2010. Can you believe it? One a day, local content. Totally fun.

Why pie? Our daughter has been visiting us for the holidays and she and her friend Phil had a pie bake-off on Wednesday. This is Phil's delicious Sweet Potato Pie. It was/is delicious and this is the last slice. This also represents the closest thing to a fruit or a vegetable in my post-holiday kitchen right now. Time to get to the store!

And, because I have a lot to say about this little painting, my final note: this was the prize in a contest I held on my weekly email. Stephanie Twiford won this! I'll be doing more of these daily painting contests this year. To participate, just sign up for my email list.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks Lisa, I love pie!

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system