White Peony

Friday night we had a party to celebrate the good people running for local office. I picked peonies for my kitchen. Yesterday I painted one set in a milk bottle.

Bonus: my studio smells fantastic. It's a Duchesse de Nemours peony.

Last year I had the great good fortune to visit Bologna, Italy with my daughter and was delighted to find the Morandi Museum there. I've always been a fan. I bought a set of postcards and they're pinned to a large bulletin board in my studio. Lined up like that I finally noticed that sometimes his table is beige and his wall gray, in other paintings the wall beige and the table gray.



White Peony. Oil on Canvas. 8 x 10.

Comments

Raven said…
I love this! You can really see the Morandi influence there. Beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system