Philadelphia Museum of Art & Cezanne




Cezanne - the Large Bathers

The Philadelphia Museum of Art had several breathtaking Van Gogh paintings and a truly large and wonderful Chagall but I think this painting of bathers by Cezanne was my favorite.

That's my daughter admiring the painting up close.

They also have a remarkable collection of Thomas Eakins - a native son - but oddly, I took no pictures of his incredible paintings. But we enjoyed them.

I like that this museum has a great website and you can see the collection online: www.philamuseum.org. The bookstore had everything 25% off while we were there so I bought 3 books: Cezanne & Pissarro, published by the Museum of Modern Art, Matisse, published by Taschen, Morandi, published by Prestel. My daughter was tempted by a Babar book called Babar's Museum of Art. Famous paintings have the head replaced by Babar's head. The Scream by Munch was hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system