Amon Carter Museum & the Heade painting

On Friday our workshop group hit the road and went to the exhibit, The Hudson River School, Nature and the American Vision, at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art in Fort Worth Texas. It was about a 3 hour drive from Deborah Paris' home and studio in Clarksville, Texas.

The Hudson River school exhibit was very good and I especially liked the work of William Hazeltine. Because it was a traveling exhibit, we weren't allowed to take photographs.

However the museum's permanent collection is terrific and I took photos, including closeups of several key paintings.

Here is Martin Johnson Heade, Marshfield Meadows, Massachusetts, ca. 1866-76.

And here are the closeups I took because I'm working on a painting with rain:

Tomorrow: more paintings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system