Mitchell Albala Workshop Day 1

Here's a shot of Mitch doing a demo in our morning session at a Skagit County farm. Our first task was to tone our surface, wipe that down and then, using the same 1 or 2 pigments, create an underpainting focused on values and shape.

There are 12 of us in the class and slightly more than half stayed in this area to paint the barn and trees.

On the other side of the barn was a field, a cottage and then a wheat field with poplars in the distance. Yes, a wheat field with poplars! Those are the best things in the world to paint, no? Naturally that's where I set up shop. We'll be back there first thing in the morning and I'll take a shot of my subject and completed painting.

Comments

Deborah Paris said…
Looking forward to seeing it!

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system