Edison, Smith and Vallee and Todd Horton


Todd Horton painting on the front porch of the Smith & Vallee Gallery in Edison

Todd Horton is an artist in Bow who paints wonderful paintings of animals and landscapes. I covet his enigmatic paintings of owls, deer and fox. Friday afternoon I stopped by the Smith and Valley Gallery with my friend Kristin to see the current show and Todd was there manning the place. He was working on a painting for an upcoming group show, 'Birds', and as he was painting, a chickadee was flying around. Perfect.

Smith & Vallee Gallery is one of my favorites in this region. They bring in strong artists for exceptional shows in a beautiful, light-filled space. What's not to love about that?

Open gallery night in Edison is the first Saturday of the month and it's always fun. There are two galleries, two amazing bakeries, several restaurants and one great saloon with a lot of motorcycles in front. For gallery night the small town fills with an eclectic assortment of art lovers from Seattle, Skagit County and Bellingham. There's nothing quite like it. A window booth at the Longhorn Saloon between the two galleries provides some of the best people watching I know. And I'm a semi-pro at people watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system