Vancouver Art Gallery and the Dutch

Saturday I went up to Vancouver to see the exhibit Vermeer, Rembrandt and the Golden Age of Dutch ArtMasterpieces from The Rijksmuseum. This traveling exhibit contained art from the 17th century in the Netherlands. For me the highlight was Vermeer's painting The Love Letter.

I really enjoyed the exhibit of a series of apartments - from the 1950's to today - as it was great fun to see the design changes and how easy it is to visually understand what decade an interior represents by the objects inside. This was an exhibit by Reece Terris called Ought Apartments.

It was a beautiful day in Vancouver and we had a delicious lunch on the terrace of the museum. Good food at the museum cafe. I went up there with another local artist, Ron Pattern. Ron recently had a show at the Blue Horse Gallery in Bellingham with stunning, large watercolor paintings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system