Highway 101: California Road Trip


101, Fog. Oil on Linen Board. 6 x 8. $110-

Last August we spent 3 days driving the roads in California. One day on I-5 from Oakland to LA was a clear, blue day. I spent much of the time watching a fire to the west, near Santa Cruz. From where I sat, in a large rental car, the shifting shape of the smoke rising behind the golden hills, outlined with blue sky, was beautiful to see.

We drove back north from LA along 101. The windy road, the fog blowing in and out, the subtle shades of the vegetation - this is what I'll be painting for the next several weeks. Since working on the Plateau in Winter series fog has become one of my favorite things to paint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system