Study for Night Highway, DC


Study for Night Highway, DC. Oil on Wallis Archival Sanded Paper. 9 x 12. $150-

This is a quick study for a larger painting, and the beginning of a new series. I've always been intrigued by the play of light on the road ahead during long night drives.

The color of the sky at dark with the black outline of trees is magical and always lighter and more vivid that I think it will be.

When I visited Philadelphia and DC with my daughter in June I bought a packet of sanded paper. It's gessoed once on the back and twice on the front and it's sanded. It's made by the Wallis Corporation in Portland, OR. They say it's archival. So far I like it a lot and it seemed perfect for a study with deliberately indistinct edges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system