101 Turn


101 Turn. Oil on Canvas. 16 x 20.

This is another painting from Highway 101 along the California Coast.

I spent all day in my studio today organizing, then painting. I went through and divided everything up into 3 piles: the finished paintings that I like and are ready for framing, the ones that I'll tear off the stretcher bars to reuse and then three small ones that went straight into the garbage can with my rags. Yes, it's a sad thing but not all paintings are successful.

I painted 4 paintings, which I'll start posting tomorrow. It was too late by the time I was done to photograph them.

The thing about Saturdays in the studio is the great NPR lineup. I love to paint and listen to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me and This American Life. What could be better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system