Winter Field

Winter Field. Oil on Canvas. 12 x 18.

This is from my series Plateau in Winter. This is the Waterville Plateau, a high elevation plain in north central Washington that puts you eye to eye with the peaks of the North Cascades. This high elevation means that it's often frozen or foggy in winter.

We went back this Spring as I'm working on painting this area in several seasons. Driving up to the plateau from the Columbia River canyon we were listening to David Sedaris read his book, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. So now I picture the flat road leading up to the plateau and at the same time, I hear David talking about his dad and their rental apartments. It's really hilarious.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system