Winter in Northwest Washington

Blanchard in the Clouds. ©2011 Lisa McShane. Oil on Linen Panel. 15" x 15".
As the new year comes to a close the drizzle coats my skylights and I'm focused on finishing paintings of winter in the Northwest.

This is what I often see to the west when I head home - the sun slipping under the clouds just beyond Blanchard Mountain, with the oyster gray clouds piling up overhead. Blanchard Mountain was an area I worked to protect for a number of years and it holds great meaning to me.

Comments

Anne-Marie said…
Beautiful - and looks just like a typical PNW winter day =) We live in a beautiful place don't we?
Sarah S said…
I really like this painting, I like the low horizon and feeling of the clouds. I am really enjoying your blog too!
Jala Pfaff said…
Marvelous. Love this and the single cloud in the recent post.

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite art inventory system

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

Art Inventory Systems: here's what I've tried