Columbia River Gorge

'End of the Day, Gorge'. 2014, Oil on Linen. 44" x 44".
The Columbia River Gorge has been a focus in my studio for the past month or so, ever since my husband and I took a trip there in September. It was a road trip that started in Spokane, Washington and took us down the edge of the state on the Palouse Scenic Highway, into Oregon and the Wallowa Valley. 

We visited the John Day area, a sprawling National Park complex that we both found to be interesting and stunning, but with no accommodation or food. We ended up reaching the gorge near Celilo Falls at dusk. 

I've scheduled a show, Lucia Douglas Gallery, this February. Right now that feels just around the corner and I'm spending long hours painting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system