Horse Heaven Hills Morning

Horse Heaven Hills Morning. ©2014 Lisa McShane. Oil on Linen Panel. 20"x30"
This is one of my favorite vantage spots in the state of Washington. It's so stunning that I am always surprised that it's not crowded with people. Instead, it's just my husband, me and sometimes people target shooting in the distance.

Last week I flew to DC on a clear day. It was clear nearly the width of North America. We flew very near Mt. Rainier as if Google Directions said "turn left at the mountain" and then east across the Yakama Reservation and above the Horse Heaven Hills. It was a thrill to see the areas I paint from the air: Union Gap, Rattlesnake Mountain, Horse Heaven Hills. Wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite love poem - West Wind 2 by Mary Oliver

#artinthetimeofcorona

My favorite art inventory system